HorrorWood

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Dream World





Paprika was really weird and enjoyable. I am not one to like anime movies but this one was pretty good. I like the whole dream feel storyline of it.

I have to say it does remind me a little of the new Freddy Krueger movie, Nightmare on Elm Street. How the dream life starts to become a reality and there is no controlling it. With my horror mind I couldn’t help but think of Freddy Krueger. Although Paprika is more interesting due to the variety of weirdness but Freddy Krueger is amazing so you can’t really compare.

Paprika is interesting because a dream world is something that fascinates me to no end. I have a lot of weird dreams myself. Some weird, some strange, some gory and some ridiculously scary. If I got trapped in my dream world I would probably die within five seconds they are so crazy sometimes.

I also believe dreams to be kind of subliminal messages to yourself. My dreams are so powerful that I actually started researching them and they actually fit to my mood. I had a dream one time of three giant spiders sitting in a web staring at me. Each spider very distinct and I can still remember them to the T. Apparently multiple spiders sitting in a web foretells most favorable conditions, fortune, good health, and friends. How having a dream about spiders would interpret to that? I have no clue but that’s what it means. Dreams are like signs or messages coming through to you.

Paprika also reminds me of Inception. Inception also uses experimental dream sharing. Inception is more for finding out information but still kind of the same concept.  Inception is a lot more powerful because it isn’t an animation is a live footage movie with effects.

It would be kind of crazy if the government or whoever actually created a machine to be able to jump inside our dreams. It’s kind of like that SpongeBob episode where SpongeBob jumps in and out of everyone’s dreams. We would really never have any privacy. I would probably go to jail with all the messed up crazy dreams I have. Probably from watching way too many horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment