HorrorWood

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Alien Takeover

From the clip that we saw in class, this movie looks awesome. When I have free time, Im definitely watching this entire movie. It was creepy, surprising and it even made me jump. I normally don't like movies about aliens that are completely unrealistic but this movie had my attention.

The monster alien was literally a puff ball but the thing that made it eye catching was the glowing mouth. I kind of want to go design a monster with a glowing mouth. I normally don't get interested unless a monster is designed in a completely unique way. I wasn't interested until I saw the way the alien moved, growled and interacted.

I watch a lot of horror movies and I compare this to if it actually happened in the real world. What would I do? What would happen? Would I even have a chance? If this happened? I would shit my pants. There is something about loud, fast moving monsters with sharp teeth that leave me on edge. I would not be able to handle life if they existed.

This movie is like a nightmare. But it does have a storyline like a lot of alien movies except its placed in the ghetto. The typical aliens fell from earth, no one in the neighborhood knows but the lead actors and the aliens are only chasing them.

Like I said, I'm surprised that I like this movie because I normally don't like alien movies because they are too unrealistic but I do like this one. Aliens are one of my worst fears. I hate them they scare the shit out of me but only when it's to realistic. Like the movie the Fourth Kind. That movie gave me nightmares. The other two movies are Dark Skies and Signs.

Movies like The Thing and Alien have something about them that are like okay this is extreme, still scary, but to unrealistic. Fourth Kind, Dark Skies and Signs are things that could actually happen. And I believe the Fourth Kind is based off of true events.

And these Alien creatures? Yea remind me of Critters. But more scary then funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment