HorrorWood

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Let the Right One In

Let the right one in was so much better in the original Swedish version. I have seen the American version let me in and I loved the story line but the story seemed a lot more mysterious. I usually hate watching foreign films due to missing the movie trying to keep up with the subtitles but I didn't mind this movie because the dialogue wasn't overwhelming. I believe it was creepier because it was foreign and you don't really know what lurks where you haven't been. 
         I’m not a huge fan of vampires because recent films have completely destroyed the term “vampire.” Films and books have now turned them into sexy lovebirds and that is not what they are. Vampires are meant to be mysterious, creepy and animal like. They suck blood, can’t be in sunlight, don’t have reflections and are killed by a wooden stake through the heart. That’s my term of a vampire.
         Recent movies are trying to turn the image of horror into something heartwarming and comforting. That is not horror! Vampires do not sparkle!

         But back to Let the Right One In, I love the storyline to this movie. The weird little nerd kid that gets bullied to the point of death and the little vampire girl saves him. My favorite scene is where the little boy (Oskar) is swimming and the older brother of the bully attempts to drown him by holding him under the water. All the kids surrounding the older brother, the little vampire girl (Eli) comes in and rips each boy to shreds and that was the ending of the movie. It’s the perfect “Karma is a Bitch.”

         Twilight does seem to be an older knock off of this movie. This movie is a love story between two little kids. Twilight is like a grown version of this movie. I love the more grotesque things in Let the Right One In like the guardian of Eli captures people hangs them upside down, slits there throats and lets their blood drain down a funnel and into a container. The only thing grotesque about twilight is probably the birth of the baby. Twilight is just lame because vampire movies should be scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment