HorrorWood

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Frankenstein did what?

I'm really glad I was able to get the chance to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I learned so much about it that I didn’t even know happened. Frankenstein was almost a completely different story from what I knew of as a child.
Reading Frankenstein I learned that Dr. Frankenstein was actually afraid of his creation. After he creates the monster, the monster actually runs away and Dr. Frankenstein is so excited about it. The monster then kills someone and comes back to Frankenstein. The monster is lonely and upset because he’s so hideous that everyone is afraid of him. When Frankenstein refuses to create the monster a woman, he makes Frankenstein’s life hell by killing people he loves. The whole time the monster is having a full conversation with Frankenstein. 


From what I have learned about Frankenstein is that the actual monster’s name was Frankenstein, he wasn’t nameless. He never even talked he just grunted like a beast. He never killed anyone or even touched him. Dr. Frankenstein and the monster were friends. He never ran away from his tower wreaking havoc on the town and never was ashamed of what he looked like. He was just a friendly monster.



It was totally a shock reading the novel because everything I have learned about Frankenstein growing up is completely not true. What really shocked me is that he actually had full on conversations with Dr. Frankenstein. Another thing that really stuck out to me as well that was in the book, the monster was more described as a yellowish decomposing type monster so it sounded more like that he was a zombie then a giant monster. I always known Frankenstein as being green and extremely giant, his feet like moon boots and his hands like boulders.

I really enjoyed this story. The whole time I was reading this I just kept thinking why would this scientist bring a dead human back to life and then abandon him. He created the life of this “ugly creature,” disturbing him from his eternal rest and you can’t even take responsibility for him. I was rooting for the monster the entire time. This story to me was a good story about bad karma on Dr. Frankenstein.








         

No comments:

Post a Comment